The Colorado Headwaters Land Trust Conservation Partners Program is a way for Grand County businesses and their customers to participate in protecting the spectacular and inspiring landscapes of Grand County through the following voluntary, tax- deductible methods. Help us leave a legacy of open space, wildlife habitat and flowing rivers for future generations.
How can Grand County businesses become partners in land and water conservation?
It’s a simple and easy way for your business to support land conservation efforts in Grand County at no cost to your business. The goal is to create an easy and flexible way for your business to get involved in land conservation efforts in Grand County.
How does the Conservation Partner program work?
Businesses who enroll in the Conservation Partner Program can add an optional Land Conservation Donation of 1% or $1 (or more) to each sale. There is NO COST to your business and your customers can opt out of the Land Conservation Donation if they so choose. The donations are then directed to Colorado Headwaters Land Trust to help support land conservation efforts in Grand County. This Conservation Partner model has been successfully utilized by land trusts and business communities across the country.
We realize that no two businesses are alike and will work with you to customize a program specifically for your business. Here are some examples:
- Add an optional line item on receipt for each transaction to donate a percentage of sale to CHLT (i.e. restaurant, real estate, banks, new clients, etc)
- Donate a percentage of annual or monthly sales (not the 1%) to CHLT
- Make (automated) annual donations to CHLT from your business
- Host a Land Conservation Day/week/month event (i.e “text to donate”, donate portion of each sale, etc)
- “Round-up” to next dollar to donate to CHLT
- Set up matching gift programs for employees
- Give the gift of CHLT donations to employees for holidays, bonus, recognition
- Volunteer to help with annual events
- Provide in-kind goods or services
- Become an event sponsor
- Many other options…
Why should your business become a Conservation Partner?
As a Conservation Partner, your business helps support Colorado Headwaters Land Trust and becomes part of the community effort to conserve Grand County’s scenic landscapes and open spaces for today and future generations. As a Conservation Partner, your business will receive the following:
- The opportunity to promote your business’s support of land conservation in Grand County. Research shows that customers react positively to businesses associated with a cause or a common interest.
- A listing of and links to your business on our Conservation Partners web page at coloradoheadwaterslandtrust.org.
- Press release and chamber announcements for each new Conservation Partner.
- Recognition in all four county chamber newsletters.
- A Conservation Partner window static showing your business’s support of land and water conservation.
- Annual ads thanking partners in SkyHi Daily News.
- Recognition at all of our outreach and fundraising events.
How can my business become a Conservation Partner?