34.75 acres donated on December 28th, 2000.
Conservation Values protected:
- Agricultural Open Space: This property is part of the Thompson Ranch, originally homesteaded in 1874 by “Ute” Bill Thompson, who was captured and raised by Ute Indians. Historically and currently the property has been used as rangeland for grazing livestock and horses.
- Scenic Open Space: This property, located along the Colorado River Headwaters Scenic and Historic Byway (US Highway 40) and just south of the Colorado River, is part of the scenic eastern gateway to the Town of Hot Sulphur Springs. It is also the foreground to views of the Colorado River landscape and several geologic features such as Potato Hill.
- Wildlife Habitat: The sagebrush communities at this high elevation provide important winter range for a variety of species. Mule deer, elk, pronghorn, sagebrush lizard, garter snake, golden eagle, ferruginous hawk, greater sage grouse, great horned owl, western burrowing owl, broad-tailed hummingbird, house wren, mountain cottontail, white-tailed jackrabbit, Wyoming ground squirrel, northern pocket gopher, deer mouse, coyote, long-tailed weasel and American badger all use this property.